Internet Explorer is known for its persistent crashing and IE 10 is no exception. One of them is “Internet Explorer has stopped working”. It is a very common IE error and many users don’t know how to troubleshoot this problem. This can be quite annoying as one moment it will function smoothly and the other moment gives the above stated message. The problem might look big if don’t know how to fix the problem.
There are plenty of reasons for non-functioning of Internet Explorer. The main reason among them is the add ons, extensions, spyware, malware that you install or come with the installation suit. These programs are known for creating problems and have the capability to completely halt the browsing process. Although you can enable or disable these programs from the browser menu, but that does not solve the problems often and the Internet Explorer continues to crash.
Below are some quick tips and tricks to solve this problem and enhance your IE browsing speed. These tips will work only with different Windows versions like XP, Vista, 7 and 8. It is always better to check the configuration system of your system before using these methods as it helps to understand your machine better and enables you to take appropriate measures when requires.
Here are the tips to fix this common IE error:
1. You first need to shut down all the open Internet Explorer windows. Once you have done that, open up the Task Manager by pressing Shift, Ctrl, Esc buttons at the same time.
2. After the Task Manager opens, search for a file named iexplorer.exe’ . If you find such files, just mark them and hit the End task button available at the bottom of the Task Manager window.
3. By ending all the IE files, you have now stopped all the running IE processes. Next step is to open up Internet Properties menu. To do this, just go the Start menu and then to the Control Panel.
4. In the Internet Options menu, search for the Advanced and hit the Advanced tab once you locate it.
5. Once you open the Advanced tab, you will find plenty of options. Just scroll down the window and you will see a Reset button section. Just press the Reset button to reset all the Internet Explorer settings.
6. Once you hit the Reset button, a new window will pop up asking whether you are sure to reset all the previous Internet Explorer settings or not. This is exactly what we want to do. In order to resume Internet Explorer, you have reset all the IE settings. Therefore, don’t get scared, press the Reset button available at the bottom of the warning page, and authenticate the process.
This issue could be solved by PC Matic easily. Basically, you have send the Internet Explorer back to the stage at which you have installed the software. Now you have fixed the problem and it should function properly. If you still encounter some problems, then it is better to install the software again after saving your important information.